Barcelona is one of the largest tourist centers on European routes; it is located on the Mediterranean coast. This city is rich in a variety of entertainment and interesting places.
Among the best tourist attractions of Barcelona, it is worth noting
1. Barcelona aquarium is an important scientific center where we study the underwater world of the Mediterranean sea. Walking along the glass tunnel, the length of which is eighty meters, you will easily see seahorses, bright microscopic fish, sharks swimming above the head and many other inhabitants of the underwater world.
2. Casa batlló, Barcelona’s most famous landmark, is located in the centre of the Eixample district. This mansion is famous for its unusual facade with colorful splashes of mosaic, amazing balconies, built in the form of a visor on the knight’s helmets. When admiring from the street this extraordinary house, it seems that he breathes and watches the gaze of tourists. The Catalans call it the “house of bones” because it looks like a skeleton, the columns are bones and the balconies are skulls. The house is built without straight lines, with a constant change in the size of the Windows. It is a popular tourist destination. This must be seen.
To buy tickets online here.
3. The top tourist attractions in Barcelona include in your list and the Picasso Museum is the most visited Museum in the city. Its history began in 1963. Initially, it was located in an old house, built in the fifteenth century. The initiator of its opening was the Secretary of Picasso, Jaume Sabartes. At the moment, the Museum occupies five ancient mansions. It contains 3,500 works by Pablo Picasso.
4. The Cathedral is a model of Gothic style with Catalan motifs. Despite the massiveness of its facade, the Cathedral has a huge number of elegant details: majestic columns, flying in height spires and Gothic “socket” over the main entrance. The main attractions are the Cathedral itself is the sculpture of Christ from the ship to the Spanish fleet, thirteen white geese to the glory of the Holy mother of Evpalia.
5. The Stadium Of Barcelona. It hosted the Olympic Games in 1992, and now it is a favorite place for tourists. Lewis Company stadium is located on the hill of Montjuïc. He received his name in honor of the President of Catalonia.
6. After a visit to Barceloneta, you will be transported into the slow pace of the old quarter, visit the narrow well-groomed streets, feel the breeze on one of the best beaches in the city.
Irresistible and passionate Spain – tourist attractions in Barcelona, that deserve special attention
7. Bellesguard tower the creation of the great Gaudi is located near mount Tibidabo. Previously, it served as a polygon for many of the ideas of the famous architect Gaudi, which he used in the construction of the Sagrada Familia. A tower house is like a castle with massive walls, long narrow Windows and small balconies. The tower is decorated with a three-dimensional cross.
8. Sagrada Familia — this is an unusual Catholic Church, built in the art Nouveau style by Antonio Gaudi. Nowadays, the Cathedral is completed on donations of people. The temple is considered the most visited attraction in the world. Tourists stand for a few hours in line to witness the extraordinary beauty of the interior.
9. Park Güell. Throughout the Park there are sculptures created by the famous architect Antonio Gaudi. On its territory there are several administrative buildings and a school.
10. Torre Agbar is a modern structure with a height of 34 floors, built on advanced technologies. The tower outside shimmers with rainbow colors. Inside she opens and closes the blinds independently monitors the flow of electricity. Tourists gave this structure the name “Cucumber”, because of the rounded shape of the roof.
11. Las Ramblas is considered one of the main attractions of the city. The length of the Boulevard is more than a kilometer. It is recognized as the most beautiful in the world, it is always many walking tourists, which attract shops and counters of the old market. Not far from the Boulevard is the Old town, and it is famous Gothic quarter, which looks like a maze, consisting of quite narrow streets and narrow alleys. This is the place where the history of Barcelona began. There are many old mansions and Catholic churches: the Cathedral and the Church of Santa Maria del Mar.
A lot of interesting, historical and memorable places hides in itself Spain, attractions near Barcelona, no less interesting than in its center. Vacationers should pay attention to the Pyrenees mountains, exotic mountain lagoon, “Spanish Venice”, the reservoir of Sau, and more.
Where to buy the tickets?
To buy tickets for tourist attractions of Barcelona can be online here or at the box office. And it is better to do it in advance, so as not to stand in long queues.